School FAQ's

Do I need to report my child's absence to the school?  If you know your child will be absent from school you may call the school and leave a message on the attendance line (508) 261-7540 x 33250 with the students name and grade.  Please refer to the student handbook for excusable absences.

Are students allowed to have cell phones in school?  Students are not permitted to use their cell phones from 7:25 am - 1:50 pm.  Parents, please do not communicate with your child by means of a cell phone during the school day. If there is an emergency and you must contact your child, please call the main office at 508-261-7540 and we will relay the message. 

Are visitors allowed?  The MHS Visitor Policy requires that all visitors must sign in at the Main Office and obtain a MHS Visitor Badge.  The office will clear your visit with the classroom. 

Can I drop off an item to my student?  All items should be in a bag labeled with the students name and left in the main office.  

How do I dismiss my student?  If a student is to be dismissed early from school, the student must bring a written parental request to the office prior to 7:15 am.  The note will be confirmed by phone.  If a parent leaves home prior to 7:30 am, the parent can call the school at (508) 261-7540 to confirm the dismissal.  A parent must pick up the student at school if an emergency occurs during the school day that will require a dismissal. A parent signature and voice verification is required for all dismissals. Please do not contact your child by cell phone to alert them of a pending dismissal.  If your child is feeling ill, they should visit the school nurse for a dismissal.

Is there a late bus?  The late bus runs  Monday through Thursday at 3:15 pm.  You must be a regular bus student and provide a current bus pass to ride the late bus.

What is the best way to contact my child's teacher?  The best way to contact a teacher at the high school is via email.  The correct format is

Can my child park in the high school parking lot?  The student parking lot is designated for those students in the senior class who have registered and paid the parking fee.  All other students may park in the Memorial Park parking lot.

How does my child obtain a work permit?  Once the student has obtained a job, they should visit the Guidance office to complete the process for a work permit.  Please click HERE for more information and the necessary forms.

​How do I obtain my transcript?​  You may contact the Guidance office and fill out the necessary paperwork for a copy of your high school transcript.  A nominal fee will be charged.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.